Thursday, September 3, 2020

Finding Our Way Home

The most difficult decision I've made since early March was telling my son Dylan he couldn't come to visit from Palm Harbor to celebrate both of our March birthdays (we're almost exactly 30 years apart). He had bought a hanging plant for my patio, and would have risked it, but I knew covid-19 was going to be an S.O.B. and not worth the risk for either of us. 

So when I first posted about the Pigeon Totem on April 11, I was really missing my son's super hugs, and wrote this: 

"Pigeon totem represents finding our way home; also caring, understanding, altruism. This totem is carrying a wounded bird home on its back. May we all help each other find 'home,' whatever that means for each of us." 

Then, while ordering magnets to make sure the lettering is well-placed on the finished products, I sent Dylan the one that for me represents the emotional 'home' he and I share: "Pigeon Totem helps us find home."



 

No comments: